Wednesday 12 August 2009

Colouring of stamped images

Having started cardmaking only at the beginning of this year my learning curve has been quite a steep one. My colleague Jane started with me but her cards are so professional. It feels like her being the master and I am the apprentice!
At the moment I use pencils, inks and markers a lot when making a card to learn how to use them in the best way. Colouring is one of my favourite processes but at the same time one of the most difficult ones. It already starts with the choice of pencils and markers: Koh-i-noors, watercolour pensils, colour pencils, pro-markers, ... The list seems to be endless.
To see how different pensils and techniques work I stamped three times the same image and coloured it using three different types of pencils/techniques:

1


2


3


The easiest part was choosing the stamps. I used the 'Teddies surprise' clear stamps from Elzybells. Elzybells stamps are excellent especially for a novice stamper like me as they are so clear and nicely cut. They always give a clean image and the motivs are really cute and appealing.
The paper I stamped on was a little bit rough and uneven. The first image was just coloured with Koh-i-noors. Number 2 was coloured with Koh-i-noors again but blended with OMS. And for the third image I combined 'normal' colouring pencils and OMS - which in the end I liked best.
Finally the image ended up as card topper for a baby welcome card



So much to learn and so little time ... Petra.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails