Monday 11 January 2010

Silver and Gold - Black and White .....

.... The Play Date Cafe challenge. Oh dear, this took me way out of my comfort zone, I normally don't use silver and gold very often only maybe some glitter as accents
Supplies:
textured square white card
papers - plain white and black paper, patterend paper (cannot remember where I got it from)
stamp - Elzybells, Stampington Company
ink - Artemio, Elzybells
blings - Artemio

I love the little town stamp. I used it before with patterend paper but it looks just as good on just white card. A lot of fuzzy cutting was involved to layer the houses to get some depth.
When stamping the sentiments, I realized that the ink would not cover the embossed areas on the paper which gave a lovely effect - not intentionally, though (lol).
Petra.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

oh I love this it looks like one of the old mission towns, great use of the colors, thanks so much for challenging with us this week at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, this is a neato card! I love the 3d effect!

Neet said...

A beautiful card! How many layers did you do - bet this looks even better in real life.

PetraB said...

Hallo Neet, these are 5 layers of stamping and cutting (lol) Petra.

Viv said...

Great card Petra!

Unknown said...

Petra,
I am so glad that I found you through Karen's Brag Monday. I love this design, and thank you for showing it at an angle, so that I could see how you gave it the depth. It is so gorgeous, and this technique can be used for so many wonderful stamping projects.
Karen

Maureen said...

A lovely card

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails