Tuesday 30 March 2010

Vintage Women ....

.... at Digital Two For Tuesday: Fishing and Sailing Ladies
Thank you so much Cora for giving me the chance to host this week's Digital Two For Tuesday challenge. And it was a challenge! Both themes: fishing and sailing would not be themes I normally use. But once I started to think about what would be possible, I immensely enjoyed the project.

Sailing Lady:
This felt very much like ocean and cruises and luggage. I used part of the image (lady, part of the rail and life belt) and layered it onto a cruise ship background I found at art-e-zine vintage ephemera to create a travel/luggage tag. The Lady image is partially coloured otherwise the graphics is in sepia.

Fishing Lady:
This was more difficult, I am not into fishing and it was difficult to imagine what to do. Then my eye fell on a little door hanging next to my backdoor which reads: I am in the Garden. In this tradition I made a little hanging for the fishing Lady.

Here I used the complete image and framed it with cut nestability shapes and various layers of corrugated card and patterend K&Company papers.
Enjoy, Petra.

2 comments:

Juliet A said...

These are lovely - You did some great manipulations with the images!

JulesinParadise said...

So pretty...and your layering is wonderful...I am such a sucker for vintage sea side images and you have done an exquisite job with these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails