Monday 10 May 2010

Digital Bookmarks

I love books, I enjoy reading ... having only some spare time inbetween all the other essential tasks like going to work (lol) I very often have to put a book and then ... I cannot find the page again ... so bookmarks are absolutely vital. This is what I came up with - first the digital images


All bookmark images are 675x1875 pixels (approximately 5x15 cm). Most of the original graphics are from Karen, the Graphics Fairy which has just such a huge choice of images to pick from ... perfect for projects like this ... the complimentary images are from Antiques Images and New York Public Digital Library.
After creating the digital images I printed them on textured white card, layered them on matching card, rounded the corner, distressed the edges and used some eyelet and ribbon ... and I couldn't resist to add a little tiny winy bit of glitter for the cherub's little wings .... Petra.


13 comments:

The Prudent Homemaker said...

They're very pretty!

Anonymous said...

So cute! And the glitter on the wings really adds to it! Thanks for the link to the New York digital library.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Wonderful bookmarks. I especially love the one with the little girl silhouette and the one with the red clock. So often I grab an envelope or receipt to mark my place--definitely not as glamourous!

~*~Patty S said...

Your digi bookmarks are lovely, you have many talents!
oxo

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

These are fabulous! I'm frightfully ignorant on this kind of project - how did you layer the images? What program did you use?

Thanks!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi...thanks for stopping by my blog! I love these book marks...especially the one with the silhouette!

Sherry said...

Lovely bookmarks Petra, I think I like the first one the best.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Petra,
These are gorgeous!! I substitute teach at a school and my teens love art, so I'm going to make some for them as gifts--how perfect! I love how you aged the edges!
Hugs,
CIndy

Anonymous said...

Fabulous bookmarks! I love them!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Petra they are amazing. Lynne M x

Unknown said...

And all done digitally? cool I will have a go at making some Book Marks too but not digital I will leave that to the profesionals lol

Love Dawn xx

Lindsay Weirich said...

these are awesome!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wonderful and great way to combine digital with hands on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails