Sunday 18 July 2010

Cake and Special Occasion

The weekend is already over and it was a bit of a challenge ... a marathon baking session combined with cardmaking! Sweet things first ... a strawberry cheesecake cupcake ... I baked 60 of them and they are just too yummy
Vanilla sponge with strawberry pieces topped with creamcheese topping and strawberry

The reason for the baking session was a party organised for two really sweet little boys. It is not so easy for me to make boys cards ... I tried to keep them as clean and uncluttered as possible but still had the problem finding the right papers and images. And then I remembered that Karen, the Graphics Fairy, had created a doll's collage sheet for one of the Artistclasses organised by Mary Green from Green Paper. I copied the image of a very sweet baby and resized it to fit the design
The image is layered on Bazill Basics, Rayher and plain white card. The flower is a free digital stamp from Fred, She Said coloured with Koh-i-noors and gcd Studios paper. Petra.

6 comments:

Edith Schmidt said...

Sooooo sweet I love this just a great job!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! and those cupcakes look yummy!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Petra,
How are you doing? Great, I hope!!! This is so precious!!! I love everything you create...it's a delight to see it all!
HUGS,
Cindy

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This is adorable Petra! I love how the little baby looks like he's popping out of the flower! Thanks so much for linking this one up today.

~*~Patty S said...

Yum and WOW, sixty delicious treats Petra.
You have been busy!
Your card turned out beautifully, the precious baby from Karen's Graphic Fairy is just perfect too.
oxo

maid marian said...

Too cute! You are exactly right about boy cards. I run into the same problem. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails