Wednesday 11 August 2010

Paint


Unlike all the very talented artists out there I am not a painter ... I can draw a little bit and normally do some painting in my house (lol). When it came to creating a piece for the Gingersnaps Creations Supply Challenge: Paint, I decided rather to promote paint and painting than doing some painting myself ...
It all started with a label 'Concerning Paint and Paintings' which I came across at the Graphics Fairy ... it seemed to be so suitable for this project.
The card canvas I used is made of coloured textured card from Elzybells. I layered it with various patterned papers from K&Company which I distressed along the edges using VersaColor ink.
As paint supplies I promoted: paint tubes from Creative Expressions (ink: Brilliance ink) stamped onto one of the paper strips. The airbrush and art brush advertising cards are from Antiques Images.
And you can see that this is all vividly used by the Lady sitting on the seaside capturing the scenery. This image also comes from the huge collection of vintage images from the Graphics Fairy.

Once I had finished the outside the inside really looked a bit plain and I was unsure what to do with it (LOL). Then I remembered that literally years ago I had played with my old school water colours creating some sort of background. I went on an extensive search and ... found it! (it shows you should never throw anything away, you might need it!). I used part of the painted background, stamped a sentiment onto it from Darkroom Door and mounted it on patterned paper from K&Company.
Hope you feel inspired having a play yourself ... go on hop over to Gingersnap Creations, have a look at all the fabulous creations and start painting! Petra.

15 comments:

Radiantik said...

Great card! I love it!

Viv said...

Adore this Petra. x

Netty said...

Petra its fab. Love it. Annette x

Art Chick said...

You did a beautiful job, Petra. I love it!

Linda said...

Love the card! My style of painting is similar to yours - walls in my house, although last time I painted I swore I was hiring someone to do it for me! lol We also share at least one similar philosphy - never throw anything away, you might need it! lol

The card is great, especially like the colors of your watercolor painting!

Junibears said...

What a fabulous card Petra, such a lot of work has gone into it. I think playing with Photoshop has made me lazy! LOL!
Hugs
June xx

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card Petra, love the colors.
:-)Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow! YOur card is spectacular! I love all the great painting images and your touch of lace is a lovely touch!

joanne wardle said...

love how you interpreted the theme!

Christine said...

I really really love this!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Petra,
How are you doing? Great, I hope! What a great idea to enter this into the graphics fairy because it's so beautiful! I actually entered the Creative Spirit bracelet I made for the September challenge...

Have a blessed day!!!
Hugs,
Cindy
xo

Edith Schmidt said...

once again a great collage! Just love it;))

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous!

Lucy x

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

This is Beautiful! I Love the Verse!Thank you for your Kind Words on my Blog!
~Jill~

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This is wonderful Petra! Thanks for linking another one up to Brag Monday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails