Saturday 11 December 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - No 5

In German we have a saying: Muehsam ernaehrt sich das Eichhoernchen ... not quite sure about the translation but it means sort of slow progress with something .... and this is how I feel with Tim's tags .. No 5
As usual not a lot I have but I actually quite like how it turned out:
no dabbers - brushed 'normal white acrylic paint along the edges and did not wipe it off completely, I quite like the slightly pinky look
only Tattered Rose as distress ink - used red and burgundy ink from VersaColor
I struggled with the image and then decided to use a free stamp from Craft Stampers.
no holly stamp - substituted it with a stamp from Lavinia
The label is a Nestabilities label and the tissue tape turned into a music ribbon.
For the numbers I found some wooden ones in my stash which I painted acrylic red, then with crackle medium and at last with white. I like the very subtle crackle effects a lot. To make the numbers look a bit more polished I covered them with glossy accents.
The finishing touches are lots of Stickles, a German Scrap flower, the stamped sentiment from Vintage Christmas No 4, ribbons and some little bells. And I linked it to Artyjen's blog ... have a look, these creations are all absolutely fantastic!
Happy crafting, Petra.

13 comments:

Donna said...

Your tag turned out wonderfully. I love to improvise and these have been so much fun!
Donna x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Gorgeous tag :D
Julie xx

Netty said...

Oh I so love it when crafters put their own mark on their tags, so interesting and inspiring at the same time. Brill use of the free stamp and a great tag Petra. Have a happy Sunday. Annette x

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how gorgeous, Petra!!! I love it! Happy Holidays to you!
XO
Cindy

Lynn Stevens said...

Wonderfully done, I really like the crackle effect on your #'s!

Casarth-Bären said...

Dann wünsch ich einen schönen 3. Advent ! LG Ines und die Casarth-Bären !

Jean Franks Beck said...

Petra, this is stunning!!! It captures a mood - so beautiful for the season. This is so inspirational - TFS!

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is lovely and I really like the image you used thanks for sharing xxx

2amscrapper said...

I love your interpretation of Tim's tag.

Pattie said...

Beautiful work as usual !
Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year ! xxxxxx

Rika said...

Dein tag sieht toll aus!

Sherry said...

Fabulous tag Petra. You did a great job without all the 'proper' items. I love how your numbers turned out!

~*~Patty S said...

slow and steady wins the race comes to mind Petra...your tags are really lovely...this one is extra sweet!

Happy December
oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails