Wednesday 16 March 2011

Vintage Typewriter

... yes, the ones of the old variety. I have one at home which is not quite a true antique yet but it is lovely and reminds me of the 'good old times' when mistakes could only be corrected with tippex or typing it again ... sigh (lol) This month's Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead Challenge is all about those lovely typewriters and everything related to them: ribbon, ink, special typewriter letters, ....
The base for the card is Kraft Card from Elzybells layered with ledger paper from the Vintage Moth. It has a lovely worn look and didn't need any distressing (lol). For the main part I created a tag using Kraft Card and K&Company paper and 'dry' stitching it around the edge. The typewriter and letter is stamped with Hero Arts stamps and Brilliance Ink. The two spools on the typewriter have been replaced with two metal buttons. To give the card a bit more of a finish I looked for a ribbon or else I could use and guess what I found: typewriter ribbon, the perfect finish - I think!
Why not join us for the typewriter challenge? Hop over to the Gingersnap blog and show us your creations. Happy typing, Petra.

11 comments:

Robin said...

Those metal buttons really add the perfect touch to your card Petra!

Hugs,
Robin

Netty said...

Terrific card Petra, do you remember all those carbon copies we had to do..........!! Annette x

Sherry said...

Oh Petra, another brilliant one! I love vintage typewriters too, but alas don't own one. I fondly remember typing lessons at school although I never did master the numbers - lol.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! Awesome!

Createology said...

Super cute especially with the alphabet ribbon.

2amscrapper said...

I love the little details on this card -- they all fit the theme so well!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Petra,
Oh, I totally LOVE this tag and that fan is sooo gorgeous--WOW!!!
And I love your doodle project too...Honestly, I love this tag--fantastic!
I sure hope my tag arrives...I hope it's just a slow down at customs or something.
XO

Sara said...

Que monada muy linda me encantan los detalles de época y los botones que detalle. Besos.

Unknown said...

I'm loving the press studs on the corner I am going to get on this and I am going to try some doodling as suggested by YOU! ;0)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Clean elegant lines in your piece. Great work

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great work and wonderful inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails