Monday 9 May 2011

My First Books

Have you ever done any bookbinding? There are so many wonderfully books out there which have been bound by hand. It always intrigued me how the spine, the binding is being doen and although I have quite a few books about the subject, it always seemd to be a bit daunting ... and that's why my experience with binding some pages together was normally exhausted with punching some holes and 'bind' them together with some book rings, ribbons or else. I decided this had to change and went on a bookbinding workshop - and I loved it. It was brilliant. The tutor was excellent and the samples he showed us absolutely inspiring (if you are interested, you find him and his work here).
These are my first books
Japanese Stab Bindings

Coptic Binding

It was a start and now I want to do more (lol) ... have a great Monday, Petra.

14 comments:

Robin said...

Great bookbinding work Petra! Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Robin

Carla said...

well those are great ideas. I have the bind it all.........and that is how I bind my stuff, but glad that you are having fun binding books!

Netty said...

This looks so interesting Petra. Glad you had a great time. Annette x

Unknown said...

They look great. Glad you had fun. x

Anonymous said...

Love the cool binding stitches you used!

2amscrapper said...

Yes, I took a workshop and learned Japanese stab binding. It does give one a feeling of accomplishment! Your books look great!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Petra, you should do a tutorial!
hugs Lynn

Michele said...

beautiful work Petra! i took a class a couple years ago and i made some great stuff but i haven't really kept it up. seeing your creations inspires me! xo

JulesinParadise said...

Your book binding class sounded amazing. I've done one book (was a Tim Holtz class) and would love to do more. Your books are lovely

Kathy McElroy said...

I love this binding. Have fun with your new books.

Unknown said...

It's always fun learning new things Petra glad your having fun

love dawn xx

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. Bet you can't wait to learn more. xx

penny4thoughts said...

Love your bindings! That must of been such a fun class-I always love the look of a hand bound book.

Debi said...

I love any little books and binding- your first ones are great x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails