Thursday 19 May 2011

A Pencil and a Dream ....


... can take you anywhere ... A sentiment which certainly seems to be true for the little boy sitting on the mushroom scribbling away! He might just write a postcard to Viv who encouraged us all to make a "6" x 4" COLLAGED POSTCARD AND YOU MUST incorporate METAL somewhere" for the current Art 'n' Soul swap. I duly obliged with a stamped collage (hope this counts!)


stamps: Clear Stamps, Eline Pellinkhof, La Blanche, Hero Arts, Darkroom Door, Hein Design
paper: patterend paper, plain white card
ink: Memento, Ranger Distress
metal bits: buckle, staples
twine, foam pads

The base for the postcard is plain white card cut to 6"x4" with a stamped postcard back. The front is covered with patterend paper ... I don't have the brick texture folder but luckily found some patterend paper to use. To give the paper a bit of a 3D feel I scored the lines between the bricks. The sentiment and the flowers are directly stamped onto the paper. The little boy on the mushroom is stamped on plain white card and cut out, so are the big flowers at the bottom of the card. I am not quite sure about the practicalities of my postcard is but I quite like it (lol), Petra.

16 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love these, Petra. You have met a difficult challenge so well!

Lucy x

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful postcard! Love your stamping.

Jean Franks Beck said...

It's gorgeous, Petra! Beautiful scene.

Jingle said...

Petra! WOW! Absolutely fabulous!!!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

I just came across my postcard stamp the other day, this is great inspiration, so stampy and fun!

Carla said...

That is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous.
Jack xx

Vicki Romaine said...

Wow! This is a wonderful creation.

Alexa said...

I love it - looks so real!

Terry said...

Petra, this is exquisite! Love every little detail!

Netty said...

I agree with everyones comments Petra, I adore your postcard especially the little boy sitting on the mushroom. Annette x

Sharon said...

Oh wow Petra this is amazing!

Gerri Herbst said...

Petra,
OMG. This postcard is incredible. I love the bricks, the images and the words. Fantastic!
take care, gerri

Jan said...

This is just wonderful... love every bit of it.

Michele said...

oh Petra this is most beautiful! very dreamy effect. xo

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's breathtaking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails