Friday 14 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6 and 7

I struggled with those two days (sigh), in the end they turned out to be very different
Geese-A-Laying
The background are flowers from a children colouring book which I coloured with colouring pens. I stamped the geese (stamp: wood carved stamp), cut them out, embossed them and 'stickled' them. The egg basket is a Snag'em stamp - the eggs are also 'stickled' and the gras is a die-cut from Die-namics. With all the individual elements I created a little meadow scene, adding a couple little punched butterfly.

For Day 7 I found a lovely vintage image showing a Swan family and I couldn't resist using it for the ATC
Swan-A-Swimming
I layered the image on 7Gypsies paper which I distressed with distress ink and added some stamping (stamps: Artistic Outpost, Marianne Design). The ATC has been embellished with a little lace, some blings, resin flower and some punched branches. Have a lovely weekend, Petra.

8 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

ooo I am a swan lover and your seven swans a swimming really speaks to me so sweetly!

Happy weekend to you and yours dear Petra
oxo

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Petra, I Love the swans. I saw you got your photo posted on the Alpha Stamps site! Yeah!!!
Keep em coming.
hugs Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

They are both lovely! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon said...

Gorgeous & perfect for the 12 days of xmas!!

Ali Manning said...

Two very different projects, but both lovely! The vintage swan piece if my fave - I love the understated color palette - gorgeous!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oooh, I love the Geese A Laying!

Lucy x

Michele said...

just lovely! xo

Marjie Kemper said...

Super sweet! Love the embossing and the speckled eggs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails